Back to BG Williamsburg for the Summer 2024!

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Long time no talk.

I am BroadwayHermione5. I used to be on a lot more frequently, but between what happened last year and getting a new job I have barely been on here but I figured I would start this TR!

As some of you know, my family, while being Disney and Universal people, are HUGE Busch Gardens Willliamsburg people! Our last trip was for a long weekend for the holidays in 2022, but our last in season trip was 2018!! So we are all going back. Same players as last time (me, my parents, my two aunts, one grandmother and our dog!).

We are staying at the same hotel we did last time and are so happy ot be back in the summer. I might even get on Loch Ness due to the refurb!

This trip will also be a trips of learning as all SeaWorld (which owns BG) parks went cashless and I was diagnosed with a horrible autoimmune disease that affects my joints last summer, so I am interested to see what their equivalent to DAS is.

Anyhoo, hope you can come along on this journey!

Best,

BH5

Last edited:
When are you going? Will you see other things there? We love Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Water Country USA (though we've only been to water country once). We've meant to get to Yorktown, but never had enough time. We were at BG last fall for Howl-o-scream, and it was a lot of fun. My favorite coaster there is Apollo's Chariot. Loch Ness was so rough last time I rode it gave me a massive headache from my head banging into the shoulder harness. I don't remember that problem when I was a kid!

Just in case you haven't, please check out the "bounce pass" on the BG site. It includes 7 days admission to Colonial Williamsburg, BG and Water Country plus parking for under $200/person.

We were between Williamsburg and Niagara Falls for our summer vacation this summer and I couldn't believe what a deal the bounce pass was...especially compared to Disney prices.

When are you going? Will you see other things there? We love Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Water Country USA (though we've only been to water country once). We've meant to get to Yorktown, but never had enough time. We were at BG last fall for Howl-o-scream, and it was a lot of fun. My favorite coaster there is Apollo's Chariot. Loch Ness was so rough last time I rode it gave me a massive headache from my head banging into the shoulder harness. I don't remember that problem when I was a kid!
We do intend on doing Water Country USA, definitely Colonial Williamsburg, the outlets and visiting friends. I am definitely going to go two days to the parks. My dad and I are huge fans of the tv show Turn: Washington's Spies and they filmed all over that area of Virginia (40 episodes might be on amc plus might be better through amazon to get it but highly recommend) so we usually stake out filming locations.

Jamestown is a lot of fun, but Yorktown the one time we went was BRUTALLY hot and a huge storm knocked all the trees down so there was no shade. It is essentially a field. Try and do all three over a span of two days a there are usually ticket options.

Howl O Scream is so much fun and imho the best haunt event.

I really love Verbolten (even though it replaced Big Bad Wolf which was a masterpiece) and Gryffon. Sad the animal actors show is now closed.

Also if you have anyone 14 and over, I highly recommend trying to get into Bergermeister's Hideaway....one of the BEST experiences my family and I have ever had at a theme park!

Just in case you haven't, please check out the "bounce pass" on the BG site. It includes 7 days admission to Colonial Williamsburg, BG and Water Country plus parking for under $200/person.

We were between Williamsburg and Niagara Falls for our summer vacation this summer and I couldn't believe what a deal the bounce pass was...especially compared to Disney prices.
We have checked that out, unfortunately its up to the mercy of everyone and very few want to do more than one day at both BG and WCUSA so I will def be ubering to BG for a second day.

We also use our employee discount sites for work, which has already saved us a LOT on the rental car.

Check out you employee discount sites folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter